Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Family.


There was a time in my life when I struggled to put family before friends. I spent my days either closed up in my room on the computer (myspace,) or I was out with my friends (boyfriend.) I was closing myself off and affecting everyone around me. My parents and I had poor communication skills, we fought almost every other conversation. My brother and sister felt they were being pushed away. My friend's actions were influencing my own. My grades were slipping. Gradually everything fell apart. My boyfriend and I broke up. I felt my life was going to fall apart. How very stupid I was. I had the right to feel that way though. The last 5 months of my life had been devoted to him. Now, my whole routine was out of wack and I was lost. I went to my sister, and she didn't want to bother with me. My brother thought I was just a mean older sister. My mom was there though. My dad was too. Being a girl, I of course identified with my mom. It just goes to show your parents will love you unconditionaly. I really made an effort with my brother and sister when I realized I missed them a lot.

Today, it's a different story. My family and I are closer than ever and I'm happy that way. I'm not out all the time, although I can't say I enjoy being home a lot. My sister seems to be going through what I went through now. She has a boyfriend, likes to go out (shes only 11 so she really can't go out like I did,) she spends a lot of time on the computer in her room. I only hope she snaps out of it soon. Its not easy feeling alienated. No matter what happens, I love my sister, my brother, my mom & dad, and my dog ;). I love my family. Thank God for where I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment